Wednesday, June 6, 2012

How to lose 10lbs and not die (just be slightly ill) in 5 days!!!

So I stumbled upon the newest and greatest weight loss gimmick, it's called exercise. I did a lot of it the past weekend.  As I mentioned in the last post I wasn't sure when I was going to start the new lifting plan.  I decided to put off new lifting plan until next week.  The past weekend was enough strain on my body that I need to take a few days off to recoup.  LETS RECAP!!!
Thursday: Walking with Client at the Zoo and one of the parks in the area - 4.5 miles
Friday: 3.5 hours helping a friend load a moving truck

all official like

Saturday: Tour de Cure bike ride - 45.5 miles (not including the 4 miles from car to park and back via bike) This was actually easier than I expected it to be, aside from missing the last water station and having a couple of leg cramps, okay 4 total, during the last 4 mile stretch due to lack of missing that last water station we did pretty well.


Sunday: Grand Old days parade - 3.0 miles plus another almost 2 thanks to Sean (This one is fun) For the longer parades that I do we establish a pick up and drop off because most parades are a straight line, walking back to the start of a parade in fest gear isn’t the most pleasant thing in the world.  Sean and I have done this in the past seamlessly.  He picked me up at the end of the parade and drove to the start.  Well Sean was a good enough guy this year to not realize to look and see the parade had flipped its start and end.  So instead of starting at Fairview and running to Dale, it now ran from Dale to Fairview.  I knew this…..Sean didn’t.  So we talked before and agreed that I would pick him and everyone up at the end of the parade and drive to the start.  I got there early, for once, and let him know.  He called and explained where he was and I told him that I had found a nice parking spot north of Grand avenue and would start walking towards the start of the parade if he wanted to pick me up.  He agreed and hung up and I started walking.  I got about 1/3 of the way to the start and got another phone call explaining that he was 2 blocks south of Grand Avenue and parked.  (It was at this time that I realized he didn’t hear me correctly when I said I had found a parking spot and was going to walk and that he also didn’t realize the parade had been flipped.)  So I told him that’s fine, I’ll walk the 4 blocks to the street where he is south of Grand if he would come pick me up.  I hung up and started walking again to get south of Grand Avenue only to find that the street he was on didn’t run to where I was walking because McAllister College was in the way.  With about 10 minutes before the start of the parade and at this point sweating like a snitch having dinner with a mob boss I called and explained that I would be able to be picked up on Snelling if he could get there.   Now jogging to get to Snelling to get picked up so we could attempt to find parking (and sweating like that same snitch only now my wire was giving weird feedback during the dinner) before the parade started.  We found parking and got to the start, formerly the end of the parade, with a few minutes to spare before we started moving and an additional 2 miles walked on my part. 
Monday: walked a total of 6.75 miles with client around a couple of parks
Now let me state, I may not be in the most pristine fitness condition but since I’ve started focusing on getting healthier in January I’ve gotten into better “shape.” The past 5 days put a bit of a strain on my body that I had, but hadn’t expected.  Most of Monday night and yesterday was spent dealing with symptoms of exhaustion, heat and general.  Last night I got a great night of sleep and today I’ve gotten my appetite back and am on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment