Monday, March 26, 2012

This is why you should read more than just comic books as a kid.....

So, in the past I've had some pretty good success at playing matchmaker for friends and today I happened across a pair of people and I had the thought that they would be a good match.  Upon this revelation of thought I brought it up to Liz to get a second opinion....below is the wrap up of our conversation......
Ted:
They’re both single…..
They both live in Minneapolis!

Liz:
That has nothing to do with attraction
Lol

Ted:
I didn’t say it had to work!!!! They’re not friends on FB so I thought I’d try to set them up…

Liz:
Well you could suggest them to each other on Fb and let them take it from there… that way its not hey- you’re desperate and lonely – so is he/she!

Ted:
Its not like that, I guess that would work
They both like theatre….

Liz:
Fine, play Yenta

Ted:
Blink…gaddanggit…stupid fancy words

(bloggers note)
At this point I went to dictionary.com to determine exactly what Yenta was/is/means
(resume conversation)

I am not!!!!
“a person, especially a woman, who is a busybody or gossip.”


Liz:
LOL!!!
It’s the matchmaker’s name from Fiddler on the Roof
Well XXXXXXXXX is Jewish…..

Ted:
Omg….really….you’re going to play that card?

Liz:
LOL!!!

Ted:
I don’t expect him to catechize her about faith or require anyone to convert

Liz:
I meant that maybe she does need a Yenta….geeez

Ted:
I’m just trying to be adroit

Liz:
Ok….as long as you’re astute too

Ted:
Gaddanggit
I JUST CLOSED THE LINK!!!!!

Liz:
Hahahahahaha

Ted:
Sunofa..

Liz:
Or sagacious

Ted:
We’re done

Liz:
Check and mate

Ted:
I read comic books growing up
Not that Jane Austin crap

Liz:
Oh I’m sorry, let me put it in words you’d understand then…ahem….”zoinks!!” “Bam!!!” “Konk!!!!”

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to add an electronic dictionary
    to your Batman toolbelt.
    Loved this rant! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha....i told a guy at work to quit playing yenta with me! he had no idea what i was calling him either (thought it was something nasty)..offered to bring him in my Fiddler on the Roof video ;)

    ReplyDelete