Friday, March 2, 2012

My inner designer and how time flies

So it dawned on me that I haven't posted to the blog in a few days here.  To be honest I've been working on finishing the last wall framing of the basement and a few other fun projects around the house.  It just so happened the past three days my daughter has woke up from her morning nap at the same time as the Nate Berkus Show. 

My inner designer
Now I've seen this show a few times before on various days that I've had off and have came to enjoy it.  I like to think I have a little bit of a interior designer in me and I saw an episode that he suggested painting the walls except for a square sections and hanging something inside the square.  I took it upon myself to add one more element to that and taking a picture frame and adding that to the object to give it a 3-D type of illusion.  Before our walls were simple white with the candle holders on them.....throw in a little blue paint and some 5.00 picture frames with the glass and backing removed and you have.....
Otherwise I've been working on cleaning the refrigerator out (no exciting pictures there....it's a fridge) and as I said the basement.  I managed to Hulk in the last section of the wall by myself and get it level, square, and sitting just right.
Pocket door and the last part of framing.
Then I added the door to the frame so I have the bare bones of the basement in place.  The next step will be the wiring and power and onto the sheet rocking.


Weight, measurements and upcoming cheat day
Tomorrow is my cheat day and I'm interested to see what has happened in the past couple of weeks with the measurements as I didn't measure myself last week on account of the start of the basement project.

I will admit I have let the exercise go this week and I do feel slightly guilty on that but I've also spent the week lifting and moving around wood for the basement and using the boy as a stand in kettlebell (which he loved)

Also, during the week I received an email to try Anytime fitness free for two weeks.  Turns out there's one a little over two miles from my house.  I figure with this and being able to use the gym at work I won't have any excuses (or be able to blame the weather and snow for not having a jogging route)









No comments:

Post a Comment