Monday, April 23, 2012

bye bye 50!

I finally hit the goal of 50lbs lost as of last Friday (20th for those keeping track at home) I am fairly certain it didn’t happen the week before that (weighed in on Thursday instead of the normal Friday) because I had actually overworked myself and sent my body into a bit of a starvation mode, apparently it thinks that if I only give it around 1500 positive calories I’m trying to starve it. Sheesh, stupid body.  So I re-evaluated the plan and decided that the days I really hit the workouts I should add a protein shake or some substitute to really offset the loss so as not to send the message to my body we’re starving.

Last week apparently flew by because I didn’t have a single post.  In a recap, I watched both the kids (Mon), helped a friend work on his deck (Tues), cleaned the house (Weds), both jobs again (Thurs) and made cinnamon rolls for cheat day (Fri).  I had one bike ride in there and otherwise just the regular weight lifting and walking on Thursday with my client at the 2nd job.

Did I mention Cinnamon rolls……

go ahead......be jealous.....
Along the way last week I also decided to sign up for Tour De Cure the ride to prevent Diabetes.  Somewhere along the line the thought of riding a bicycle 28 miles seemed like a great idea.  I think it was the Free fee waiver for work and a bicycle jersey.  Yes folks, in less than 45 days yours truly will be donning a bright red bicycle jersey.  I think this is my punishment for running outside in the rain last week to lock up the shed and fix the water spout without a shirt on….come on it was DARK… I mean I’m sure I glowed like one of those snap and glow sticks you can really only find on the 4th of July but dang. 
If you feel compelled take a look at the info @ http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR  Search by my name (Theodore Anderson, all official sounding and all) and donate whatever your heart leads you to do.
(Editors note: I just re-read the blog and found the humor in the fact that the first thing I talked about was cinnamon rolls followed in the next paragraph by a diabetes awareness bike ride.....)
Otherwise the only other things I ramble on about in this blog would fall under costuming or rehearsal for renaissance festival.  Neither of which had any major breakthrough/developments since the last blog.  I am in the midst of making a new hat for myself so we’ll see if I can bore you with enough for a post on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment