Monday, April 30, 2012

A shift in the blog theme begins.....or as I like to call it...closer to Fest time

Quick Monday blog post.  The past week was a whirlwind to say the least.  Between house stuff, and preparing for selling children’s clothes at a consignment sale I didn’t really have anything to blog about.  I did make the leather hats, however I forgot to take pictures and it’s more of a viewer friendly activity than one to read about.  I will be starting on a pouch for a friend this week and I will ensure that I take pictures of that construction along the way.
I didn’t make an egg bake last night as a to-do list of more substantial things was needed to get done. So I will be making the egg bake after work tonight for the rest of the week.  I’m also decided that this week I’m going to give myself off of lifting weights and focus on the kettle bell swings 3x this week (Tues, Thurs, and Sat) and walking on Monday and Thursday for my exercise for the week that is scheduled, and hopefully a few bike rides this week for training for the upcoming Tour De Cure.  I’ve had a few nagging pains from my hip and bicep for a few weeks now and I don’t want to injure anything too much by pushing through them.  Tonight/Tomorrow I’m going to try to start the pouch construction so hopefully by Wednesday I’ll have it completed and can make a post about it.
With only 16 weeks to go until the opening Cannon of the 2012 Minnesota Renaissance Festival I’m thinking the blog is going to be switching more from health/food/fitness to more general focus on the Festival portion of life.  (Costuming, leather craft, story design etc.)
The topics that I have on the agenda are:
Doublet construction
Tights
Bracers/archery arm guard
Chain mail sleeve
Creating a story
These aren’t necessarily going to be for sure topics to post about but they are the most likely and it won’t be in any particular order, it’s what time is given/allotted to me in the “Real world” to complete and I remember to take pictures of (it’s much more fun to explain something with visual than with words unless completely necessary.)

2 comments:

  1. It's going on the back burner for the time being. I painted the leather a brown and green ( Luis' suggestion that the reason I didn't like it was that it was too "new" looking) I'm still working on putting leather around the arm and neck (leather trim) but there are other projects that are taking more time and importance and this isn't one that is needed. It was more of a bored lets try something new project.

    ReplyDelete