Tuesday, April 10, 2012

leather scale mail update and general thoughts

Back to the blogging trail today.  Yesterday found me home with a teething and growth spurt fever induced daughter.  Rather than face daycare calling every hour I elected to stay home with her.  We watched Mall cop in the morning on a recommendation of a friend, aside from a few chuckles that’s an hour and a half that I will not be getting back in my life.  Otherwise when she went down for her afternoon nap I managed to get some work in on the leather scale mail project and get the scales on the back completed.

Still pieces to be put in place around where the
bright green trim is, and buckles along the sides
but this is the meat and bones of it.

I have to say, now that the hardest part is done, I’m not feeling it.  I don’t see it working well with my mind’s eye view of Little John.  I’m hoping that once I get it fully completed with buckles on the side and the black scales dyed/painted more woodsy colors I’ll be able to picture it more. Or maybe with some accessories for the colder days it’ll work out.  Next on the costume schedule is a new Leather Robin Hood hat.
Last night I headed to work at second job and we ended up walking around Rosedale Mall.  I actually lost count after the first 45 minutes on how many laps we had completed.  I did download an App for my phone that tracks distance covered last Tuesday so I’ve come to rely on that for my rides and walks of late.  Tonight doesn’t look like there will be a bike ride as Sunday my rear bike tire met a sloppy seconds piece of glass that the front tire wanted nothing to do with.  Nothing warms the heart like a love story between glass and rubber and pushing a bike, bike carrier, boy and groceries a little over a mile home. I picture Jack Black playing my role.
Tonight there are plans in place after work and not getting home until later so it looks like the mileage goal will be met the good old fashioned way, with dog and leash.  I’m actually proud of myself in the fact that I’ve hit at least 4 miles every day in some fashion of distance covered since last Tuesday.  I’d say prior to that but the App wasn’t downloaded until Tuesday morning to make it official.
Any comments/thoughts on the scale mail project are welcome below!

3 comments:

  1. A little harder, more scales required, but actually make them look like scales? Also, use scales differing shades of green with some brown thrown in. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete