Friday, April 6, 2012

When in Beano do as the Beanos do

I have to say that this weeks food plan was probably the toughest I’ve had to eat down since I started the ritual of making my breakfast and lunches in advance.  It started Saturday with the idea that I could just put Salsa into the eggs and add some spinach instead of taking the time to chop some peppers and onions up.  So I took that idea and ran with it during grocery shopping, I picked up a huge jar of organic salsa and poured that in with the eggs and added some chopped spinach to it and a couple cloves of garlic, poured it into the dish and put a can of black beans on top and popped it into the oven.  It came out looking very colorful and pretty. 
Look it's pretty....deceiving!!!

Until time came to eat the egg bake.  The extra juice from the salsa made the egg bake more crumbly than solid and the salsa also brought out the taste of the spinach, in my opinion.  It wasn’t anything that wasn’t edible but it definitely sits at the bottom of the list of egg bakes made.  From now on any salsa will just go on top of instead of inside of it.  There is some debate on if using the whole small jar of Garlic was a bit too much, I found that I didn’t have any vampire attacks this week so I’ll chalk it up as a win for now.  Beyond that I’m going to take a break from spinach for a week, two weeks in a row of spinach is enough for me.  I’m not a fan of spinach in a can by any means but it’s one of the best foods out there, I mean look at Popeye!!

I yam what I yam....and quite a man to eat spinach out of a can

To top it off the chili I made was actually overly spicy this week, I used ½ pound less turkey than I normally do with the same amount of spices (which I’m blaming on the extra Oomph to it.)  Normally I don’t mind spicy chili but with the overly potent crumbly spinachy garlicy egg bake the spices didn’t sit well with me.

I'll tell you what I want what I really really want....BEANO!!!

Could definitely have used some beano this week, that’s for certain.
Otherwise this afternoon is the weigh in for my week and to see if I hit that goal of 50lbs. lost that I mentioned yesterday.  I’ll try to get a post in tomorrow on the status of it, and hopefully this weekend find time to work on my leather scale mail project to post a blog on that next week.  Thanks for reading and have yourself a great Easter if you Celebrate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment