Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cheating on Valentine's day

Last night being Valentine day the date and I went to Chatterbox Pub in the Highland Park neighborhood last night.  I had scanned through the menu before arriving and knew what I was going to order.  We arrived to a much less packed restaurant than I had expected and were seated right away.  Paging through the menu I had to stop and drool at the Sunday brunch buffet they offer.  I would seriously consider changing around my schedule to make a cheat day out of Sunday for one week if I knew far enough in advance we were going there for brunch.
The time came to order and I went with the steak and for my side I picked Broccoli.  My date ordered an appetizer of cornmeal deep fried pickles.  I agreed to try one.  I failed and had two, the old compulsive eating habits are still there.  We played “Would you Rather” while waiting for our dinner, eventually grabbing a card and just selecting one of options on the card to read without rolling the dice.  I have to say, my favorite question was:
“Would you rather have every driver on the road be a student driver, or have every driver on the road be over 75 years old.”


Dinner came and the first thing I noticed was that the broccoli was au gratin…so I scrapped off as much as I could and moved the dish away to prevent any temptation.  The steak was amazing I have to say and went great with the Red wine (allowable in the slow carb. I’m not much of a wine drinker but splurged on the occasion.)

On a closing note, keep my boy Sean in your thoughts/prayers/Karma (whatever you choose to believe)  He’s having his knee checked out this afternoon and will hopefully get an answer on what’s been going on.  It’s something he’s talked about in his blog and Knowing Sean it’s something that is bugging him because it’s causing him to not be as effective at his workouts as he’d like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment