Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Suplements or Smurf ashes

During the Journey that this blog details of losing weight I've been asked a couple times if I'm taking any vitamins.  My answer is grudgingly "yes."  I say grudgingly because I'm not the type of person that can handle taking pills every day.  It's not my thing, I've seen it done in my family and I really would rather get worse than have to medicate myself to get "healthy."  That's another reason that I've started on this journey to get healthier and into better shape, I don't want to have to hear a Dr. tell me that I will need a prescription for the rest of my life because of the choices I made. 
PAGG What is it?

PAGG is 4 different supplements, taken in a combination at particular doses. Policosanol, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Green Tea Extract and Garlic.  Each ingredient has a particular purpose, and working together they do their jobs a little better than one on its own does.  I only take the first three before breakfast,  but some people have taken them with each meal with the exception of the Green Tea Extract (if this is taken at night you won't sleep for a while)

Alpha-lipoic acid: Support Antioxidants in the body

Green Tea Extract: Supports the Metabolism and works better than coffee to get you started in the morning.

Garlic extract: Supports cardiovascular health

And the first part of this, "P" is taken only once because of your body's peak time to process Cholestrol is while most of us sleep, around 2:00am to 4:00am

Policosanol:  Basically it is taken to help lower LDL Cholesterol (Bad Cholesterol) and increase HDL cholesterol (good Cholesterol).

none of this is vital but it can be an element when combined with the slow carb diet and exercise has been shown to help with the program.  I have taken this from the start and I don't use it on cheat days and I have forgotten about taking it a few mornings and can honestly say that I haven't felt as sharp as the days when I do take it. Be that something Mental or legitimate I don't know but I go with how I feel.

Where the Smurf reference comes in

As I mentioned on a previous blog post Sean and I worked out last Saturday morning we talked about what protein powder he's using as I grabbed us a couple of muscle milks (which as I've said before is what I use to start my cheat day along with a protein bar).  Sean told me he is using a new protein that is called "Carnivore".  Essentially it is the first beef protein isolate.  Beef is used by bodybuilders and athletes to help build muscle and increase strength. 

I stopped at GNC and asked the sales person where it was in the store. He kindly directed me to it and informed me that the only flavor left was blue raspberry.  Now because any other protein powder I've used that hasn't been chocolate has tasted like chalk or Monkey piss (I've never TRIED monkey piss but I can only assume) I was skeptical.  The salesperson said I have x amount of days to return it if I'm not satisfied with it for any reason so I thought why not I'll give it a try.  I opened it up for the first time yesterday to discover it was blue.... Smurf blue to be exact.

See Smurf Blue



OMG...I'm about to drink the Smurfs cremated remains!!!!!

My first thought.....








Seriously folks, the stuff wasn't half bad, if this is what smurfberries are like I'll glady take my chances.  Tomorrows blog will be later again as I have things planned for the morning and I've found that my phone doesn't like to post blogs that well/easily.

1 comment: