Thursday, February 23, 2012

With a name like butternuts you know it has to be good

So I've been neglecting blogging this week because I'm finding myself on the go a lot with my daughter and haven't really been around a computer as much as I normally find myself.  Yesterday we went to help a friend move a couple pieces of furniture and visited our Uncle Luis (aka Robin Hood)

Patience Padawan and you too will learn the balance ball









picture fun with the girls

More picture fun.








     Picture frame project


Before, the different frames annoyed me
Otherwise I worked on a picture frame project, the frames we have of the kids are all different types of wood and colors and it bothered me

So i took it upon myself to paint them. I did these 4 easy steps that took a total of 1 hour for six frames. (would have taken less but baby awoke mid-way through)
1) I did a Satin black to get them all the same base color.
2) Once that had dried I took a piece of lace we had for costuming and placed that over the sides and sprayed the frames with a latte color (fancy word for a dark gold in my opinion but doesn't sound as sexy as latte).
3) Once this had dried I took the black and ever so lightly sprayed over the entire frame again just enough to cover the lace overlay. 
The pattern you see on the inside of the frame is visible
 on the frame when you look close.
4) for the final touch I added a quick dusting of the latte again from a couple feet up to give it a little more color....the results....






Who knew this much research would be needed

Finally this morning I spent time working on finishing prep for the basement project this weekend and tomorrows posting about diets.  I was looking at "research" for tomorrow and found an interesting article on beer. While scrolling through the article to make sure there wasn't any diet research I could use, I glanced on the second listing, aside from the name "Porkslap Pale Ale" it's brewed by "Butternuts Brewery." Those two factors alone convinced me to ask/find this next time I feel like trying a new brew.  Major props to Surly Brewing Co. for getting in on this article.  Every one of their brews I've tried has exceeded my expectations.  Check these guys out next time you make a run

Well back to babies, research and whatever adventures the day finds me.


No comments:

Post a Comment