Monday, February 13, 2012

Donuts, measurements and jumping oh my!


Monday is once again upon us and yes I’m still here.  I’ve been lying low after my last blog on Thursday at my attempt to be funny.  I woke up Friday to find my house surrounded by the ghost of dead comedians demanding retribution for my feeble attempts at humor.  Seriously if you’re looking to get a good laugh in check out Bill Young’s blog over at youngnotions I’ve met Bill once at Festival in quick passing and I’ve worked with his wife a few times in days past.  Hilarious dude…seriously, check him out.

MONKEY DONUTS!
Now in all honesty Things got busy at work on Friday and I didn’t  save my draft from Thursday night to post so I elected to take a few days off to recoup (read: being lazy).  Saturday was my cheat day and I had a meeting at my other work in the morning, so I loaded up my daughter in the car and headed down to the meeting and stopped at MOJO Monkey Donuts in St. Paul to kick off the start of cheat day.  Well that’s not true.  I start cheat day with a Muscle Milk and a protein shake.  Starting off my cheat day with an average of 50 grams of protein to keep full and it actually prevents your body from really absorbing the junk you put into it the rest of the day.  So back to MOJO Monkey,  I grabbed the mocha mouse bismark, Oreo crumble / M&M raised donut, and a bacon bar (no donut adventure Is complete until you have a caramel bar donut with a slice of thick bacon on it.)  I’d offer pictures but they didn’t last longer than 10 minutes of getting home, so you get the picture of the line I found when I walked in.
Get here early these things are awesome!
(the Irony of a health/diet themed blog advocating donuts is not lost on me)
Mesaurements
Measurements were taken BEFORE donuts were consumed as they are each Saturday and I’m pleased to report that I dropped 2 inches from my stomach,  .5 from my hips and I gained and .5 in the left bicep and .75 in the right.  The right thigh experienced a gain of  .75 inches and .5 in the left.  I’m a bit amazed at the arms and legs measurements as this is a HUGE gain in over a week.  I did include the exercise routine each day this week and returned to the core of the food plan but it’s still a huge gain in my opinion.  Also note because I wanted to see what effect the food  and exercise plan was having on my weight totals, I decided to weigh myself on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of last week.  The results are showing as 11 pounds lost from Monday 1:00pm to Friday 12:40pm which I’ll gladly take. Onward to the rest of the days events.

JUMP JUMP 
Later Saturday morning/afternoon my friend Coby and I went on an adventure to Jump Zone in Oakdale, MN.  After the initial shock of feeling like we’d traveled into Gulliver's Travels with all the little kids running around we settled in for some dodge-ball, basketball dunking (attempts) and into a foam pit.  I have to say I had the most fun in some recent time there.   The foam pit was the most taxing with getting out of it after the fun getting in.  It was about five feet deep with three “lanes” to jump into.  It definitely took some serious ab/core muscles to get out of there, and after the third go and getting out with our huffing and puffing we agree to head back to dodge-ball court to lessen our humiliation. Unfortunately pictures didn’t happen as camera/phone was stored in a locker to prevent it from being lost in our jumping efforts but this is the general idea.

we wished we looked this cool
All this and a handy-man 2!!!
We returned back to the house where I managed to fix our dryer.  Turns out that the wall outlet on a dryer provides up to 220-ish ohms and the dryer parts use two different voltages.  The tumbler portion of the dryer only uses 120-ish while the heater uses the full 220-ish amount.  One of the reasons you’re not getting any heat could be that the fuse was tripped.  This was the case in this instance, so it turned out to be a 5 minute fix that I had prepared to be about 2-3 hours. (Which it would have been had the fuse not been tripped and I needed to remove the whole thermostats and replace those.)
Sunday was running around as usual and preparing food for the week.  Tomorrow we’ll explore the weeks' food line-up. 

1 comment:

  1. um can we take a merry man feild trip to that place?? PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete